- http://www.hypnobirthing.com This is the official Mongan Method website. You can find more information, testimonials, and the details of practitioners around the world.
- http://www.pinterandmartin.com/vbp This site allows you to download icons for free to create a visual birth plan.
- http://www.wombs.org.za Find out more about what doulas do, and find a doula near you.
- Birthing from Within (Pam England): I was lucky enough to learn from this amazing midwife and psychologist through an online course that I did a few years back. My time with her has informed much of my birth philosophy. This is an essential read for any woman who understands that birth is more than just a physical event.
- Labyrinth of Birth (Pam England): This book explores how the labyrinth is both a symbol and a tool for birth.
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth (Ina May Gaskin): Ina May is an absolute must read. With grace and wisdom, she shares birth stories from her time as a midwife, along with practical tips.
- The Basic Needs of a Woman in Labour (Ruth Ehrhardt): written by a South African midwife, this thin booklet is easy to read but covers off the basics of physiological birth in a way that cuts right to the heart of the fact that women can and do deliver naturally, in the right environment and with the right support team. A good read for supportive dads who may not want to read one of the longer books recommended here.
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League): my go-to book for everything baby, toddler and breastfeeding related. The philosophy and values of La Leche League is very much in line with those we teach in HypnoBirthing.
- HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method (Marie Mongan): the textbook that we use for the course is also a valuable stand alone read, although I would always recommend a course with a qualified teacher as well to ensure that you have the practical skills and real-life support that you need.
TED Talks and Documentaries:
- What babies want documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mtFRjEVWc
- What we learn before we are born: https://www.ted.com/talks/annie_murphy_paul_what_we_learn_before_we_re_born?language=en#t-987149
Positive/HypnoBirthing birth videos and educational videos:
- Oliver’s waterbirth
- Mariah’s hospital HypnoBirth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7bMQgyndM&list=PLTaRpMSNJXvfirn5kZTgbEiui7O0ObRG8&index=3
- Violet’s natural homebirth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUA5Spt0whw
- Dr Jack Newman’s Visual Guide to Breastfeeding